Saturday 23 August 2014

Reflections on the mangrove habitat of Singapore

Mudflats of Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve (SBWR) at high tide.
(Photo taken by Joeline Lim. January 2014)

I'm in the same place again, just on another day. I watch my past walk through this place, I watch my footprints disappear. I close my eyes & hope to keep this place, so distant, so alive in my mind.

There is a strange joy & peace that fills my soul. The brilliance in the boldness of nature. A state of being by the elements that keeps me afloat in the raw reality of the world. Because I drown & struggle, I gasp & panic in my artificial crib. I cannot breathe or comprehend, I question & judge. But what is there to judge with nature? It presents to you with all of itself, in its entirety - Selfless, pure & unafraid; In all its brilliance & confidence, with all its confidence & brilliance.


This is the nature I present to you & this, I behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment